World Changers 2013
Our North American missions focus in 2013 is being led by our youth, who will be serving on a World Changers Project in West Memphis, Arkansas this June. This nation-wide ministry places students in the thick of service and hard work. The experiences are life-changing and aimed at growing young hearts for serving others.
Crossroads has an active Disaster Relief Team, networked through the offices of Kentucky Baptist Men at the Kentucky Baptist Convention. The team has purchased a response trailer and is in the process of equipping that trailer for local and regional disaster responses. One of our members, Kevin Terrell, is a “Blue Hat” supervisor with Kentucky Baptist Disaster Relief and is trained to lead our team in disaster response and recovery. Another of our members, retiree Robert Davis, has deployed to several locations with Southern Baptist Disaster Relief, including Haiti.
Past service of our team includes:
- Hurricane Katrine relief supplies – This was the first-ever action of the Crossroads team, leading the local community in collecting bottled water and other critical supplies and delivering them into the Katrina destruction zone five days after landfall.
- Hurricane Katrina mud-out and rebuilding – Pascagoula, Mississippi. (Six Teams Deployed) Interesting Note – Our first mud-out team was on site the week after the hurricane hit and even served as “reporters” for the local radio station with daily call-ins to report on the destruction and relief efforts.
- Operation Noah Rebuild – A Southern Baptist effort to repair and rebuild homes in the greater New Orleans Area.
- Flood relief (mud-out) in Indiana.
- Chain-saw and clean-up after local storms and tornadoes.
- Meal preparation and delivery after the 2009 ice storm.
Past Work and Projects in North America
Over the years, Crossroads has deployed various teams and groups for missions in North America. Some of these include:
- Family Ministry Team – Rural Eastern Kentucky
- World Changers Teams – Madisonville, Kentucky, and Jackson, Tennessee
- M-Fuge Teams – St. Louis, Missouri
- PowerPlant Church Planting Leadership Team – Cornwall, Ontario (Canada), Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Port Arthur, Texas.
- PowerPlant Church Planting Sponsorship – Cadiz and Oak Grove, Kentucky
- Mission Serve Team – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Ministry in North Dakota
Missions service in North America is simple. You just need to be willing to go and serve. If you have a vision to gather and lead a team to serve somewhere in North America on a short-term mission, simply speak to Pastor Geoff about your idea and begin to gather your team. Crossroads will assist you in your planning and logistics, as well as support your team through the purchase of supplies and resources through our Mission Fund.